Election of Executive Members
The Geography Teachers Association Executive are elected by members during the AGM held annually at the conference (previous AGM minutes available here). All positions are honorary, and the Executive members devote personal time to the Association.
Being a member of the Executive provides an excellent opportunity for service to the profession and in particular to developing geographical education in the state. Thus, nominations for members on the Executive are invited and encouraged.
Click here to download the Executive nomination form
Nomination forms are to be returned to the President prior to the upcoming AGM.
Current Executive Members
- Joanne Wegener - President / Awards Coordinator
- Peter Mann - Vice President / Website Manager
- Alexandra Piggott - Treasurer
- Greg Way - Immediate Past President
- Daisy Ashby - Secretary / Conference Co-Convenor
- Elise Walker - Journal Editor
- Deb Lasscock - HASS Representative
- Ian Johnson - Conference Co-Convenor
- John Butler - Life Member Liason
- Julian Cousins - CEASA Representative
- Liam Sloan - Big Week Out Coordinator
- Fiona Greig - SACE Liason
- Melissa Mulholland
- Michael Pretty
- Michael Vickery
- Clynton Oakley
- Andrew Penny
- Rita Shepherd