Election of Executive Members
The Geography Teachers Association Executive are elected by members during the AGM held annually at the conference (previous AGM minutes available here). All positions are honorary, and the Executive members devote personal time to the Association.
Being a member of the Executive provides an excellent opportunity for service to the profession and in particular to developing geographical education in the state. Thus, nominations for members on the Executive are invited and encouraged.
Click here to download the Executive nomination form
Nomination forms are to be returned to the President prior to the upcoming AGM.
Current Executive Members
- Joanne Wegener - President
- Elise Walker - Vice President / Journal Editor
- Daisy Ashby - Secretary / Conference Convenor
- Alexandra Piggott - Treasurer
- Greg Way - Immediate Past President
- Peter Mann - Website Manager
- Deb Lasscock - HASS Representative
- Liam Sloan - Big Week Out Coordinator
- Tony Sheldon - Awards Coordinator
- John Butler - Life Member Liason
- Julian Cousins - CEASA Representative
- Fiona Greig - SACE Liason
- Rita Shepherd
- April Bickley
- Michael Pretty
- Michael Vickery
- Andrew Penny